Heidi Fung is the Founder and CEO of Arise Daily, a company that specializes in closing the knowledge wealth gap by providing startups and small businesses with expert advice. Arise Daily not only helps experienced professionals connect with clients, but also assists entrepreneurs to scale their business more effectively by allowing them to contract top executives.
Heidi holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from Yale University as well as a master’s degree in politics from the University of Oxford. Before starting Arise Daily, Heidi was an Associate Partner at Monitor Deloitte. In recent years, Heidi became a member of the YaleWomen governing council, among other organizations, as part of her volunteer work.
Here’s a Glimpse of What You’ll Hear:
- Heidi Fung talks about the impact Arise Daily has on small businesses and how it came to be
- How contracting experienced professionals benefits startups
- Heidi speaks about the turning points that helped her the most when starting Arise Daily
- Dealing with potential pitfalls — and what you can learn from startup mistakes
- Heidi shares the difference between focused and versatile services and how to get the best of both worlds
- The types of software that can help with building and keeping a routine
- Heidi discusses the parts of startups solo founders find most difficult and how to overcome them
- Best practices for acquiring more customers
- Heidi’s most recommended book for everyone to read
In this episode
Starting a company is a challenging endeavor as is, but it doesn’t need to be full of stress and doubt. What if there is a way to connect with experienced professionals who could give you valuable advice and help you overcome the various difficulties you are facing in scaling your business?
Heidi Fung is passionate about closing the knowledge wealth gap and matching entrepreneurs with industry experts on a project basis with guaranteed results. Heidi established her company, Arise Daily, on providing unique consulting opportunities to small businesses from marketing and scaling experts. She believes that companies can accomplish — even exceed — their goals if they have the chance to connect with a knowledgable and experienced mentor. Additionally, Arise Daily allows experts to help promising entrepreneurs build the future and get inspired by fresh ideas.
In this episode of Accidental Marketers Podcast, Josh Elkin and Ben Yost welcome guest Heidi Fung, the Founder and CEO of Arise Daily. She shares her tips on overcoming startup difficulties, managing your workload, and navigating the road to consistent results. Heidi also talks about her experience with startups and what helped her the most throughout her career.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Josh Elkin on LinkedIn
- Ben Yost on LinkedIn
- Email Josh Elkin: email@example.com
- Email Ben Yost: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heidi Fung on LinkedIn
- Heidi Fung on Twitter
- Arise Daily
- Arise Daily on Twitter
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Range: How Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World by David Epstein
- Level Equity
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Linkflow.
Linkflow is a link-building service geared towards the software and tech industry that helps clients increase traffic and revenues through high-quality link-building and SEO strategy.
A year or so ago, Linkflow had a healthcare software company as a client that wanted to rank for super competitive terms but was sitting on page three of Google — and getting basically no clicks. Linkflow helped them 10x their traffic and outrank Wikipedia and The New York Times in six months.
Linkflow began because they heard so many horror stories and experienced firsthand shady link builders who were not transparent and provided low-quality links…with little care as to the impact the links have on the site.